This Project is a web application built with the python-flask framework, that uses YOLO weights to detect the Objects. Using YOLO object detection algorithm.
YOLOv5 is a family of object detection architectures and models pretrained on the COCO dataset, and represents Ultralytics open-source research into future vision AI methods, incorporating lessons learned and best practices evolved over thousands of hours of research and development.
YOLO an acronym for ‘You only look once’, is an object detection algorithm that divides images into a grid system. Each cell in the grid is responsible for detecting objects within itself.
YOLO is one of the most famous object detection algorithms due to its speed and accuracy.
How Does it Work
To put it simply, the back-end receives an image from a user and runs an object detection algorithm on the image (YOLO v3). Once the predictions are obtained, they are drawn on the image, which is, then, sent back to the user (to the front-end). In this README I provided the environment setup for the computing machine, which runs the detection algorithm. However, setting up the back-end machine is just the tip of an iceberg. The whole engineering pipeline includes many other steps full of caveats. If you are interested in the details of each step, checkout How Did You Build Your Object Detector?.
Technology Used in the project :-
- We have developed this project using the below technology
- HTML : Page layout has been designed in HTML
- CSS : CSS has been used for all the desigining part
- Python : All the business logic has been implemented in Python
- Flask: Project has been developed over the Flask Framework
Supported Operating System :-
- We can configure this project on following operating system.
- Windows : This project can easily be configured on windows operating system. For running this project on Windows system, you will have to install
- Python 3.7, PIP, Django.
- Linux : We can run this project also on all versions of Linux operating systemMac : We can also easily configured this project on Mac operating system.
Installation Step : –
- python 3.7.0
- command 1 – python -m pip install –-user -r requirements.txt
- command 2 – python webapp.py