Online Crime Reporting System is a web based application that is developed using PHP and MySQL. The Objective of Crime Reporting System is to develop a web based application using which people can report crime online. It provides the facility of uploading images or videos of crime scenes so that police can take action immediately. It also provides the information of missing persons, most wanted criminals and safety tips for the awarness of people.
The Objective of Crime Reporting System is to develop a web based application using which people can report crime online. It provides the facility of uploading images or videos of crime scenes so that police can take action immediately. It also provides the information of missing persons, most wanted criminals and safety tips for the awarness of people.
Currently there is no online web application available to report crime online. In order to report any complains related with crime, people has to contact nearest police station. People of the particular city are not aware of crime related things such as list of Most wanted criminals of their city, latest crime related news, missing persons of their area etc..People has to view News Chanels or Read News Paper for such crime related information. Thus we can say that existing system is manual and does not provide all the information from one source.
Need For New System
In order to overcome the problems of existing system we pruposed to develop a new system . It is going to be developed in PHP and MySQL. Following are the advantages of New System:
(1) Online Crime Reporting Facility
(2) Information of Most Wanted Criminals
(3) Informaton of Missing Persons of their Area and City
(4) Address and Contact Details of Police Station of their City
(5) Latest Crime Related News and Updates
(6) Feedback to Police Stations
Thus, we can say that New System is fully dynamic and , time saving and requires less man power as compared to existing System
Brief overview of the technology:
- HTML: HTML is used to create and save web document. E.g. Notepad/Notepad++
- CSS : (Cascading Style Sheets) Create attractive Layout
- Bootstrap : responsive design mobile freindly site
Back end: PHP, MySQL
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a technology that allows software developers to create dynamically generated web pages, in HTML, XML, or other document types, as per client request. PHP is open source software.
- MySQL: MySql is a database, widely used for accessing querying, updating, and managing data in databases.
Software Requirement(any one)
- WAMP Server
- XAMPP Server
- MAMP Server
- LAMP Server
1. Download zip file and Unzip file on your local server.
2. Put this file inside “c:/xampp/htdocs/” .
3. Database Configuration
Create Database named station
Import database station.sql from downloaded folder(inside database)
4. Open Your browser put inside “http://localhost/Project Folder Name/”