A web application which is useful for management of food donation and collection activities.
Table of Contents
- Technologies used
- npm packages used
- Installation and setup
- Useful Links
- The system consists of three types of users: admins, donors and agents.
- Admins: They control all the activities and accept/reject donations and select agents.
- Donors: They are the driving users of the application who donate food.
- Agents: They are responsible for collecting food from homes of food donors.
- Each user should have an account.
- Every user also have a dashboard where they can view several things in short summary.
- The application provides signup, login and logout functionalities.
- Donors make the donation request for food with basic details.
- Donors' donation requests can be accepted or rejected and the status can be easily tracked by them.
- Donors can view their current incomplete donations (if any).
- Donors can also view all their past donations.
- Donors can update their profile.
- Admins receive all the requests made by donors.
- Admins can accept or reject the donation requests depending upon the details provided by a donor.
- If accepted, admins can assign an agent to a donation for collecting donation from the donor's home.
- Admins can view all the pending donations along with status.
- Admins can view all the donations that they have received.
- Admins can also view all the agents in the application.
- Admins can update their profile.
- Agents will receive notifications from admins to collect food from donor's homes.
- Agents can mark their collection upon collection of food from donor's home.
- Agents can also view all those food donations which have been collected by them previously.
- Agents can update their profile.
npm packages used
For running the application:
- Node.js must be installed on the system.
- You should have a MongoDB database.
- You should have a code editor (preferred: VS Code)
Installation and Setup
- Download the source code in the desired location on your system.
- Open the code in your code editor.
- To install all the dependencies (listed in package.json file) in your project, go to terminal and type the following command and hit enter:
- Create a file named ".env" and enter the following credentials:
- Go to terminal and type the following command and hit enter:
- Open browser and go to url: http://localhost:5000
- You need to first signup and then login to run the application.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org