Subscribe YouTube For Latest Update Click Here
100 + PHP Projects with Source Code
RAILWAY RESERVATION SYSTEM should be able to manage all the reservation related functions. The system should be distributed in nature. This system is divided into five zones.
Each zone should have same functionalities. Each zone will stores the information about train name, train schedules, availability. The administrator should be able to enter any change related to the train information like change in train name, number etc. The system should be able to reserve seat in a train for a passenger. First the clerk will check for availability for the seats in a particular train on a specified date of journey. If it is available the clerk will reserve seats. The passenger will be given a unique PNR no. The system should be able to cancel a reservation. The clerk will delete the entries in the system. The passenger can check their reservation status online by entering their PNR no. The system will display his current status like confirmed, RAC or waiting list. They are also able to see information related to the train schedules.
The system should be able to print the report like it should be able to generate reservation chart, train report, reservation ticket which will have train no and name, date of journey, boarding station, destination station, person name, age, [censored], total fare and a unique PNR no. The system should be able to print the cancellation ticket which will have total fare and the amount deducted.
The main aim of the project was to develop a website which would facilitate the reservation of online air tickets through an effective and yet simple GUI for a normal passenger intending to travel in airways. Apart from reserving tickets, through our system a passenger can compare online fares ‘from’ various cities ‘to’ various cities.
Brief overview of the technology:
- HTML: HTML is used to create and save web document. E.g. Notepad/Notepad++
- CSS : (Cascading Style Sheets) Create attractive Layout
- Bootstrap : responsive design mobile freindly site
Back end: PHP, MySQL
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a technology that allows software developers to create dynamically generated web pages, in HTML, XML, or other document types, as per client request. PHP is open source software.
- MySQL: MySql is a database, widely used for accessing querying, updating, and managing data in databases.
Software Requirement(any one)
- WAMP Server
- XAMPP Server
- MAMP Server
- LAMP Server
1. Download zip file and Unzip file on your local server.
2. Put this file inside "c:/wamp/www/" .
3. Database Configuration
Create Database named railres.
Import database railres.sql from downloaded folder(inside database)
4. Open Your browser put inside "http://localhost/railway reservation system in php/"