The Student Project Allocation System is a web-based application that allows students to choose their projects and supervisors. It is a system that is used by universities and colleges to allocate projects to students. The system stores the list of projects, students, and system users. The source code is easy to understand which would be a lot easier for the newbies to learn with. The system uses CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) Operations which is the common operation that is used when developing a web application that uses databases.
In the present Student Project Allocation system, each institute maintains information manually into the register. Storing the information manually in the register required a high amount of time and if the information is stored, then accessing that information is a time taking process as one need to search for the required information in each register. Where to store the information is time taking process it also increases the possibility of error in the data writing in registers. The information can be misplaced after some time as there are a lot of other registers are kept in the same place.
The proposed Student Project Allocation system is based on the internet so that data can be accessed by any system and from any place. The institute will need to enter the student information into the system so that whenever they require the information they can access by simply entering the student id or name into the system. The Student Project Allocation system will contain all the information of students such as academic, address, phone number etc. It will also take the test of student and will make a list of students who all pass in the exam so that it will be easy for any institute to keep records while at the a student can check their results and class rank.
Student Project Allocation Module
The system is made of several modules in which some important modules are:
In the admin module the overall control will have the institute administrator and by using this module an institute can give access to any person by providing an ID and password to those while it can also check the information that who had access to the system with date and time.
In the user module, a person can only view the details by login to the system with their Unique ID provided by the system.
Brief overview of the technology:
- HTML: HTML is used to create and save web document. E.g. Notepad/Notepad++
- CSS : (Cascading Style Sheets) Create attractive Layout
- Bootstrap : responsive design mobile freindly site
Back end: PHP, MySQL
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a technology that allows software developers to create dynamically generated web pages, in HTML, XML, or other document types, as per client request. PHP is open source software.
- MySQL: MySql is a database, widely used for accessing querying, updating, and managing data in databases.
Software Requirement(any one)
1. Download zip file and Unzip file on your local server.
2. Put this file inside "c:/wamp/www/" .
3. Database Configuration
Create Database named .
Import database .sql from downloaded folder(inside database)
4. Open Your browser put inside "http://localhost/project folder name/"