A timetable generator PHP MySQL project is a web-based application that generates a schedule of classes for a school or university based on the available courses, teachers, and classrooms. The application helps to reduce the time and effort required to manually create a timetable and minimize scheduling conflicts between classes, teachers, and classrooms.
The PHP code interacts with the MySQL database to retrieve the necessary data to generate the timetable. It uses algorithms to schedule classes and manage conflicts, and displays the final timetable in a user-friendly format, typically an HTML table.
Some key features of a timetable generator PHP MySQL project may include:
- Ability to add, edit, and delete courses, teachers, and classrooms
- Ability to define scheduling time slots and the duration of each class
- Ability to automatically schedule classes and manage conflicts such as double-booked classrooms or teachers
- Ability to generate different views of the timetable, such as weekly or monthly views
- Ability to print the timetable or export it to other formats such as PDF or Excel
Overall, a timetable generator PHP MySQL project helps to automate the process of creating and managing schedules for educational institutions, thereby saving time and effort while improving efficiency and reducing scheduling conflicts.
Users Roles :
Admin : The page require user id and password to start the application.
Login is a process by which individual access to a computer system is controlled by identifying and authenticating the user through the cardinalities presented by the user.
Admin can add or delete the category, subcategory etc.
Teacher : Staff can register by admin.
The staff have to login to get more information about the time schedule Dashboard.
Student: Student can register the account by clicking on new register.
He/she can add the account for the various Courses.
The student have to login to get more information about the time schedule.
Brief overview of the technology
- HTML: HTML is used to create and save web document. E.g. Notepad/Notepad++
- CSS : (Cascading Style Sheets) Create attractive Layout
- Bootstrap : responsive design mobile freindly site
Back end: PHP, MySQL
- PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a technology that allows software developers to create dynamically generated web pages, in HTML, XML, or other document types, as per client request. PHP is open source software.
- MySQL: MySql is a database, widely used for accessing querying, updating, and managing data in databases.
Software Requirement(any one)
- WAMP Server
- XAMPP Server
- MAMP Server
- LAMP Server
- Xamp PHP 5.5 download link - Click Here
How to Run
- Download and Install any local web server such as XAMPP/WAMP.
- Download the provided source code zip file. (download button is located below)
Installation/Setup ( Note : Watch Above Demo Video to Underatand )
- Open your XAMPP/WAMP's Control Panel and start the
- Extract the downloaded source code zip file.
- If you are using XAMPP, copy the extracted source code folder and paste it into the XAMPP's "htdocs" directory. And If you are using WAMP, paste it into the "www" directory.
- Browse the
PHPMyAdminin a browser. i.e.
- Create a new database naming
- Import the provided
SQLfile. The file is known as
timetable.sqllocated inside the db folder.
- Browse the Online Clothi Store in a browser. i.e.
http://localhost/Project Folder Name/.