The Rainfall Prediction using LogisticRegression Flask Web App project is a web application that predicts the amount of rainfall based on historical weather data. The project involves building a logistic regression model that can predict the amount of rainfall based on several weather parameters, and integrating this model into a Flask web application.
Here's a general overview of the project:
- Data collection: Collect historical weather data from reliable sources such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) or India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- Data preprocessing: Clean and prepare the weather data for use in the logistic regression model.
- Feature selection: Select the most important features that can affect the rainfall prediction, such as temperature, humidity, wind speed, and cloud cover.
- Model training: Train a logistic regression model using the preprocessed weather data and the selected features.
- Model evaluation: Evaluate the performance of the logistic regression model to ensure it can accurately predict the amount of rainfall.
- Flask app development: Develop a Flask web application that allows users to input weather parameters and get a prediction of the amount of rainfall.
- Deployment: Deploy the web application to a server so that it can be accessed by users.
Overall, the Rainfall Prediction using LogisticRegression Flask Web App project can be a valuable tool for farmers and other industries that rely on weather predictions.
Explanation of the logistic regression model:
Logistic regression is a statistical model that is used for binary classification problems, where the goal is to predict whether an observation belongs to a particular class or not. The logistic regression model uses a logistic function to map the input features to a probability output. The logistic function is a sigmoid function that outputs a value between 0 and 1, which can be interpreted as the probability of the observation belonging to the positive class.
Here are the key components of the logistic regression model:
- Input features: The input features are the variables that are used to predict the outcome. In the case of rainfall prediction, the input features could include temperature, humidity, wind speed, and cloud cover.
- Weights: Each input feature is assigned a weight, which reflects the strength of the relationship between that feature and the outcome variable. The weights are learned during the training process and are used to make predictions.
- Bias term: The logistic regression model also includes a bias term, which is added to the weighted sum of the input features to produce the final prediction.
- Logistic function: The logistic function is a sigmoid function that is used to map the input features to a probability output. The logistic function has a characteristic S-shaped curve and outputs a value between 0 and 1.
- Decision boundary: The decision boundary is the threshold value that is used to determine whether an observation belongs to the positive class or the negative class. The decision boundary is typically set to 0.5, meaning that any observation with a predicted probability greater than 0.5 is classified as belonging to the positive class, while any observation with a predicted probability less than 0.5 is classified as belonging to the negative class.
- Training: During training, the logistic regression model is fed a set of labeled data and adjusts its weights to minimize the difference between the predicted output and the actual output. This process is typically done using an optimization algorithm such as gradient descent.
Overall, the logistic regression model is a simple and interpretable model that can be used for binary classification tasks, such as rainfall prediction.
Technology Used in the project :-
- We have developed this project using the below technology
- HTML : Page layout has been designed in HTML
- CSS : CSS has been used for all the desigining part
- Python : All the business logic has been implemented in Python
- Flask: Project has been developed over the Flask Framework
Supported Operating System :-
- We can configure this project on following operating system.
- Windows : This project can easily be configured on windows operating system. For running this project on Windows system, you will have to install
- Python 3.6.10, PIP, Django.
- Linux : We can run this project also on all versions of Linux operating systemMac : We can also easily configured this project on Mac operating system.
Installation Step : -
- python 3.6.8
- command 1 - python -m pip install –-user -r requirements.txt
- command 2 - python app.py